Lions, Tigers, Wolfs, Bears, Webelos and their siblings (under 10) are invited. Attendance will be limited due to COVID restrictions. Time slots and fishing locations will be assigned to ensure social distancing.
Awards & prizes will be given out! Catch the biggest fish (length) and win a new fishing pole and tackle box! (Note: Only registered Scouts can compete for awards and prizes)
Catch & Release only · Bring your own fishing gear · Bait will be available at camp.
All participants will receive a Fishing Derby Patch!
Registration and Check-in at Berlin Lodge. All need to be COVID screened (temperature check and questionnaire) before fishing. Masks are required.
Fee: $10 per Participant,
Any questions email Paul firstname.lastname@example.org
What to Bring:
• Fishing license: ages 16 and older require a New York State fishing license for freshwater fishing. For NYS fishing license information, visit the NYS DEC website.
• Lead-free fishing sinkers (required) for ½ ounce or less weights. Lost or discarded lead weights dissolve slowly over time. Exposure to low amounts of lead is toxic to both humans and wildlife.
• Non-stainless steel hooks (recommended): If lost or swallowed by a fish, non-stainless steel hooks will rust, dissolve, and disappear quicker than stainless steel hooks.
• Barbless hooks (required): Barbless hooks are easier to remove, causing fewer fish injuries. If you don’t have barbless hooks, use a pliers to squeeze the barb closed.
Pouch Camp Fishing Regulations:
By observing the following regulations when fishing at Pouch Camp, you will help preserve our marine resources for future generations to enjoy. For state and federal regulations of which you should be aware, please visit the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation website.
• Fishing shall be permitted except in open swimming areas or where specifically prohibited.
• Any person who engages in fishing at Pouch Camp shall obey all posted guidelines and comply with all applicable City, State, and Federal laws and regulations, including Title 6 of the New York State Environmental Conservation Law.
• Failure to remove fishing line fragments and hooks from land and waters shall be a violation of these rules. Please Leave No Trace of your visit.
• All fish caught at Pouch Camp should be immediately released.
• The use of barbed hooks shall be a violation of these rules.
• The use of traps to catch fish and/or crustaceans shall be a violation of these rules.
• The introduction or use of Live Bait Fish into the lake is strictly forbidden.
• Alcohol and Illegal drugs are prohibited at all times.