As the temperatures become warmer and there is more light every day the ability attract new families to Scouting grows as well. We should always be on the lookout to grow our participation, but the Spring offers some particularly great reasons
- Make the fall less complicated – The fall is a busy time for all families getting back into the swing of school. Many families are given many different programs that they could sign up for. Why leave recruiting to chance when we could recruit new members in the Spring and begin to build a relationship with the families in May, June and over the Summer.
- Solve Cabin Fever – Families are looking for outdoor activities in the spring and summer. After being indoors for most of the winter we offer an exciting program for families that are suffering from cabin fever.
- Strength our Dens – Over the last two years many of dens have become smaller. This is the perfect time to work with new families and build excitement going into the next program year
- Summer Camp – Families are still looking for summer camp options for their youth. Invite them to join Scouting for the spring so they feel comfortable attending summer camp
- Build excitement – after the winter months of indoor meetings having new families join will build excitement and allow Scouts to make new friends
Recruiting should not be left solely to the fall it’s a year round effort and we encourage each unit to welcome new families into the program this spring!