More than 20,000 Scouts and Scouters will explore all kinds of adventures—stadium shows, pioneer village, adventure sports, patch trading, and more—in the heart of one of nature’s greatest playgrounds.
As a GNYC Jamboree participant you will function as a member of a Troop- that means “Pre-Jamboree” events to get to know your fellow Scouts and start working collaboratively.
Camp life is the backbone of the jamboree, the place where you work and play together with your fellow Scouts. From setting up camp on Day 1 to taking it all down on Day 10, your Troop’s campsite is your home away from home. Experiences like these strengthen units, solidify leadership, and forge friendships.
GNYC Jamboree Troop 2 Leadership Team
My name is John Restrepo and I am happy to have met most of you during the National Jamboree Interview sessions. Some of you have yet to interview and we are aware of this.
That being said:
It is my pleasure to inform you that you have been chosen to be part of National Jamboree Troop 2
(There will be a more official troop number as time elapses).
The Troop Leadership is as follows:
Scoutmaster: John Restrepo
Assistant Scoutmaster (Troop Activities): Michael Pezzella
Assistant Scoutmaster (Physical Arrangements) Kevin Hsieh
Assistant Scoutmaster (Scheduling and Records): Barbara Spencer
John Restrepo – Scoutmaster
(Scheduling and Records)
Some important updates for the Meeting. PLEASE READ AND ACT:
- We ask that all scouts arrive at the meeting place no later than 6:45pm. We will begin the meeting promptly at 7:00pm. Please don’t be late.
- Please be in Full BSA Field Uniform (Better known as Class A Uniform)
- If you have not already done so, please fill out the info form that all Scouts filled out during our Google Meet: https://forms.gle/FDZvmeXAvrss4pey6
- If you would like to fill one of the four Troop Leadership positions (SPL, ASPL, Quartermaster, and Scribe), please fill out this interest form: https://forms.gle/qZMTam8ptEEQm9b58
- Those scouts filling out the Leadership Interest Form, please have a speech prepared, no longer than 2 minutes. You will be presenting to your peers in order to be elected. Attached are the “Job Descriptions” for the leadership positions.
- If you haven’t paid your first deposit of $250, your second payment of $350, and third payment of $350, please do so ASAP. You should be paid up to $950 by 12/31/22. Here is the payment link: https://nycscouting.org/jamboree-payment-2023/.
Our PreJamboree Event Schedule
- Troop Camping Trip: Friday 3/31/23, 7:00pm – Sunday 4/2/23, 12:00pm (Location TBD)
Troop Meeting#4: Thursday, 5/4/23 7:00pm to 9:00pm
146-28 Kalmia Avenue Flushing, NY 11355 (Entrance is across the street through the metal fence at the rear of the school. Look out for the signs)
Troop Hike (10 Miles): Saturday, 6/11/23 (Upper Palisades Hike)
National Jamboree Shakedown and Jamboree: July 15th – July 28th
Jamboree Troop 2 Google Drive Files
Paying for the National Jamboree
The cost for the National Jamboree includes admission and fees that go toward the Jambo event and Summit Bechtel reserve location. In addition your jamboree payments cover the cost for supplies and materials sourced by the GNYC jamboree leadership team, such as camping equipment, backpacks, shirts, patches and transportation.
It is important to make payments in a timely manner so that the needed funds are available to be paid toward the Jamboree and program supply purchases.
Please review the Jamboree Payment Schedule.
By Jan. 1st all participants must be paid up to $950. After that date a $50 late feel will be assessed.
Beginning Jan.15th remaining payments must be made on-time. A $25 late fee will be assessed per late payment.
Per pricing schedule administered by BSA National an additional $215 late registration fee will be required for those registering after Nov. 1, 2022.
Jamboree Payment Schedule
Current Estimated Cost for 2023 National Jamboree is $2250 per person which includes all food, transportation, gear duffel, day pack, hat, neckerchief, Jamboree tee and patches.
Payments can be made in installments:
- Deposit $250 due with registration
- Payment #1 $350 due October 15, 2022
- Payment #2 $350 due November. 30, 2022
- Payment #3 $350 due Jan. 15, 2022
- Payment #4 $350 due Feb. 28, 2023
- Payment #5 $300 due April 30, 2023
- Payment #6 $300 due May 30, 2023
(A firm cost will be announced as soon as all logistic contracts are signed. The outstanding variable will be transportation costs. If needed adjustments will be made in payment #5 and #6.)
Scroll Down to Make January and February Payments
Step by Step Guide-
Once you submit your jamboree application, you will receive an email “2023 National Jamboree Application Confirmation” which says “Thank you for registering for 2023 National Jamboree . For your records, your registration code is: XXXXXX”.
At that point your application will reflect a pending status. An email has been sent to the address in the attendee’s My.Scouting.org account or in the case of the youth to the parent/legal guardian’s email. This email contains instructions on completing the final steps to complete the application. Please check your email now.
Next, you will receive an email “2023 National Jamboree Disclaimer Invite-Action Required” which says “For your records, the reservation code for the person named above is: XXXXXX”.
The person named above has submitted an application to attend the 2023 National Scout Jamboree at The Summit Bechtel Reserve in southern West Virginia.
In order for this application to be reviewed and processed, it is necessary for us to obtain your acknowledgment and agreement in advance to various disclaimers regarding physical fitness, medical information, consent to treat, risk acknowledgment, code of conduct, and media release.
Click on View Documents to complete this process. You will use the username and password associated with your My.Scouting.org account to gain access to the form.
Once you complete the Disclaimer, you will receive an email “2023 National Jamboree Disclaimer Process Completed”.
Upon completion of this final step, your registration will be forwarded to your local Council for review. At the completion of the Council review, you will be notified by email whether your registration has been approved for Jamboree consideration. Please be patient during this time as the review process can be lengthy.
Please complete your online application or check your email for Council records reflect that you have been interviewed and approved for participation in the 2023 National Jamboree, but that your online you will soon be assigned to a “Jamboree Troop”.