GNYC Fishing Derby
Trophies for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in all categories!
Lions, Tigers, Wolfs, Bears, Webelos and siblings under 10 are invited.
Cub Scout that catches the biggest fish (length) will win a new fishing pole and tackle box! Awards & prizes will be given out!
Bring your own fishing gear · Bait will be available at camp ·
Cub Pack Units bring your Pack make a day of it, rent a Picnic site and bring some BBQ
Fee: $10 per Participant
Questions? Email Paul Caminiti at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Catch and release fishing only. All NY State fishing rules and regulations apply at all times.
- No fishing is permitted in the swimming area or the blue boat launch Area.
- A DEC issued freshwater fishing license is required for anyone aged 16 and older. For NYS fishing license information, visit the DEC website at https://www.dec.ny.gov/permits/6091.html. A one-day fishing license is available for purchase online for $5.
- Lead-free fishing sinkers are required for ½ ounce or less weights. Lost or discarded lead weights dissolve slowly over time. Exposure to low amounts of lead is toxic to both humans and wildlife.
- Barbless hooks are required. Barbless hooks are easier to remove, causing fewer fish injuries. You can also use pliers to bend barbed hooks. See our staff for assistance.
- Non-stainless-steel hooks are recommended. If lost or swallowed by a fish, non-stainless-steel hooks will rust, dissolve, and disappear quicker than stainless steel hooks.
- Please carry out all trash and collect any that you see. Keep our camp clean!
- Alcoholic beverages and illegal drugs of any kind are never permitted on camp property. Smoking is permitted in designated areas only.
- No watercraft of any kind is permitted on the lake.