FCP 11/7 – Knife, Ax, and Saw
From 12pm-4pm Scouts BSA are invited to a day of activities at Alpine Scout Camp to work on requirements related to kives, axes, saws, and wood tools. Following the completion of requirements Scouts will break for an included snack.
After the program a film will be show outdoors for Scouts to enjoy with one another – this will allow parents/guardians to plan to pick-up any time between 4pm – 6pm
This program will follow appropriate mask, and social distancing safety guidelines. Registrants will receive guidelines via Email.
Totin’ Chip Requirements
This certification grants a Scout the right to carry and use woods tools. The Scout must show their Scout leader, or someone designated by their leader, that the Scout understands their responsibility to do the following:
- Read and understand woods tools use and safety rules from the Scouts BSA handbooks.
- Demonstrate proper handling, care, and use of the pocketknife, ax, and saw.
- Use knife, ax, and saw as tools, not playthings.
- Respect all safety rules to protect others.
- Respect property. Cut living and dead trees only with permission and good reason.
- Subscribe to the Outdoor Code.
3d. Demonstrate proper care, sharpening, and use of the knife, saw, and ax. Describe when each should be used.